MVC 4 Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is main objective of ASP.NET MVC 4 or What is new in MVC4 ?
- Easy Mobile web applications (ASP.NET MVC 4 complete focus on Mobile application development)
- Full HTML5 support
- ASP.NET MVC web application with cloud support
- Working with different mobile and desktop web browsers
The main objective of ASP.NET MVC 4 is making to develop mobile web applications easily.Other than mobile web applications It’s focus is also on better HTML5 support and making ASP.NET MVC web application cloud ready.
By using new features of ASP.NET MVC 4 you can develop web applications that can work well across different desktop web browsers and mobile devices.
2. What is Web API ‘s in Asp.Net MVC 4 ?
- Web API is a new framework for consuming & building HTTP Services.
- Web API supports wide range of clients including different browsers and mobile devices.
- It is very good platform for developing RESTful services since it talk’s about HTTP.
3. What is the use of web API ? Why Web API needed, If you have already RESTful services using WCF ?
Ans. Yes, we can still develop the RESTful services with WCF, but there are two main reasons that prompt users to use Web API instead of RESTful services.
- ASP.NET Web API is included in ASP.NET MVC which obviously increases TDD (Test Data Driven) approach in the development of RESTful services.
- For developing RESTful services in WCF you still needs lot of config settings, URI templates, contract’s & endpoints which developing RESTful services using web API is simple.
4. What are the new enhancements done in default project template of ASP.NET MVC 4?
- Adaptive rendering for Nice Look & Feel
- Modern Looking for Mobile & Desktop browser
The new enhanced default project template came up with modern looking. Along with some cosmetic enhancements, it also employs new adaptive rendering to look nice in both desktop and mobile browsers without need of any kind of additional customization.
5. Why we need a separate mobile project template, while we can render our web application in mobile (What’s new in MVC 4 Mobile template) ?
- Smart Phones & tablets touch got smart by using new jQuery.Mobile.MVC NuGet pacage.
The mobile project template touch optimized UI by using jQuery.Mobile.MVC NuGet Package for tablets and smart phones.
6. What is the use of Display Modes?
- View can be changed automatically based on browser(For mobile and desktop browser’s)
Display Modes is newly added feature in ASP.NET MVC 4. Views selected automatically by application depending on the browser. Example: If a desktop browser requests login page of an application it will return Views\Account\Login.cshtml view & if a mobile browser requests home page it will return Views\Account\Login.mobile.cshtml view.
7. What are the main features of ASP.NET MVC 4 used by ASP.NET Web API?
- Routing changes: ASP.NET Web API uses same convention for config mapping that ASP.NET MVC provides.
- Model Binding & Validation: ASP.NET Web API uses same model binding functionality, but HTTP specific context related operations only.
- Filters: The ASP.NET Web API uses most of built-in filters from MVC.
- Unit Testing: Now Unit testing based on MVC, strongly unit testable.
8. What are Bundling & Minification features in ASP.NET MVC 4?
Ans. Bundling & Minification reduces number of HTTP requests. Bundling & Minification combines individual files into single. Bundled file for CSS & scripts and then it reduce’s overall size by minifying the contents of the bundle.
9 . What are the difference between asynchronous controller implementation b/w ASP.NET MVC 3 & ASP.NET MVC 4? Can you explain in detail?
Ans. There is major difference is on implementation mechanism between ASP.NET MVC 3 and ASP.NET MVC 4.
In ASP.NET MVC 3, to implement async controller or methods we need to derive controller from AsyncController rather than from normal plain Controller class. We need to create 2 action methods rather than one. First with suffix ‘Async’ keyword & second with ‘Completed’ suffix.
In ASP.NET MVC 4 you need not to declare 2 action method. One can serve the purpouse. MVC 4 using .Net Framework 4.5 support for asynchronous communication.
10. Is MVC 4 supporting Windows Azure SDK (Software Development Kit) ?
Ans. Yes, MVC 4 is supporting Windows Azure SDK version 1.6 or higher.
MVC 4 Interview Questions and Answers (For more)
MVC 4 Interview Questions and Answers(More Topic Coverage)